I bought this book by Austin Kleon Saturday afternoon and finished reading it Monday morning. I loved it! It is really inspiring and has some great advice on being creative (and really… life in general):
- Steal like an artist.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started.
- Write the book you want to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- The secret: do good work and share it with people.
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice. (The world is a small town.)
- Be boring. (It’s the only way to get work done.)
- Creativity is subtraction.
I’ve been working on trying to create more things (writing, pictures, cooking, outfits, painting, design, etc.) in all areas of my life; basically trying to be more creative in all aspects. I stumbled upon this book when I found this image while looking for inspiration on some art to make for my latest blog post. I am so glad I found this artist! He is very talented, super creative, and loves to help the world be creative also! I am about to buy another book he wrote, Show Your Work! I’m sure it’ll be great… I’ll let you know my thoughts when I finish reading it :)